This document will demonstrate how to embed a YouTube Video into an HTML document and save it to a site's Resources.
Steps for Embedding a YouTube Video into Sakai
YouTube provides a box next to most of their videos called Embed for users to copy and paste into their own web pages. After you find a video, copy the text from the Embed box and follow these instructions in Sakai.
- Click Resources in the left toolbar.
- Click the Add dropdown that can be found on the same line and to the right of the folder you wish to work with.
- From the Add dropdown menu choose Create HTML Page to create a text document and format it.
- Click the Source button in the text box toolbar.
- Paste the Embed code from YouTube into the text field and click Continue.
- Now, enter the title in the Name field and a description of the document. It is recommended that you make the document's name as descriptive as possible. Descriptions do not appear on the main Resource page, and thus will not be seen by members of your Sakai site without clicking an additional “Properties” link next to the document.
- Choose the content's copyright status from the dropdown menu in the Copyright Status field.
Tip: To learn more about copyright and fair use, visit: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/copyright/welcome.html
- You can choose whether to have members of your site emailed automatically when the new material is posted. Use the Email Notification dropdown to do so.
- When you are done, click the Finish button.