What it does
The Gradebook is a tool for instructors to calculate and store grade information and distribute it to students online.
Features: Using the Gradebook, instructors may:
- Autocalculate course grades, with the ability to override any course grade
- Create categories to organize items and allow for weighting of grades
- Enter, view, edit, and release to students scores, grades, and comments
- Transmit scores to the Gradebook from tools, such as Quiz & Survey, Assignment, or Forums, thereby creating a corresponding item in the Gradebook and recording student scores for that item.
- Export scores and grades to Microsoft Excel (in .csv format)
- Import item scores from spreadsheet (.csv) files.
Viewing scores: The Gradebook lets students view their own scores and grades once instructors have released them.
Things to consider
- Instructors can view information in the Gradebook in different ways, including an item summary for each course, item detail, all grade listing, course grade listing, gradebook setup, and course grade options.
- Students can view their scores for all items; view their course grades, once an instructor releases them; and sort their items by title, due date, grade, and weight, where applicable.
- The Gradebook is section aware, so assistants can see grades only for students in their particular sections.
- Currently, the Gradebook does not allow you to assign extra credit or drop the lowest score.